Sunday, June 28, 2009

Summer Storms

Utah has some great summer storms from rain to lightening and thunder to hail.  When we went to school at the U we had some of the best storms we've ever seen.  This was a hail storm from a few weeks ago that was amazing.  Blake and I were about to go to the store when it started raining and then pouring and then hailing.  We waited it out and loved the scenery.



The streets and roofs were so white it looked like it had snowed! (In JUNE!)


We've had some great lightening storms too that have reminded me of great storms at the cabin (from growing up) where we would count between lightening and thunder to see how far away the lightening is.  So, we too have counted to see how far away it is.  Angel Moroni even got struck by lightening at the new Oquirrh Mountain temple!  We have heard of quite a few lightening strikes.  I guess we won't jump on the trampoline in the lightening storms!

4 comments:

Race Fam said...

Wow now that's a lot of hail! Looks like it would hurt to be stuck out in that!

Merrill Family said...

The girls loved the cookies! thanks again for the taxi ride you are WONDERFUL!
Emily

Merrill Family said...

Carissa loved EFY the summer is half over and I'm sad I want it to last a little longer! My kids are growing up too fast.
Emily

Amy said...

Hi Becky,
I want to put you on my private blog, but I'm not sure if I have your right email address. I have the one that is sbcglobal.net. Call me. We really miss you guys.
:( No baby yet. Hopefully soon.