Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Utah Half Ironman

He did it!!!!  Will set a goal to do a half ironman when he turned 35.  On August 9th he did it!!! (I am a little late posting this) He was awesome!  He finished in 5 hours and 30 minutes.  That time was also his goal.  He swam 1.2 miles, biked 56 miles, and ran 13.1 miles. WOW!!!!  He is always so good at setting goals and achieving them.  I am so proud of my hubby! Way to go Will!!! 

















Transition area after the swim (I didn't get a picture of the swim...too many guys with the same swimming cap on!)   This is his little nutrition break before he takes off on his bike.
















Will's starting the run.  He's up by the trees running.  Although the lake was gross, the weather was great for the race day!
































Race Entertainment.  Our kids love playing with all the Urmston kids during these crazy events that the Dads do.  (It's a long time to hang out)  We also drove with the Urmston group about 20 minutes away to watch the racers go by on their bikes and cheer them on.  (They were FAR away!!!) It was great having friends out there to wait with. 

















He crossed the finish line with Blake this time.  I was amazed he could even pick him up after all that!!!!!










































The boys got to go in the athlete only area with Daddy to get food after the race!  Camden is wearing the finishing medal!  Notice Will's lovely tattoo (It's permanent marker and a pain to scrub off!)
















WAY TO GO WILL!!!!!!  I LOVE YOU!!!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

What a great accomplishment!! That is amazing. Was he really sore the next day? You are so wonderful to be such a support to him. Now it's your turn Beck, come on let's do the 10 mile race.

Lewyville said...

WOW! He must be in great shape. I have zero desire to ever do anything like that. I am tired just reading about it. Way to go Will!

Kristin said...

One word...CRAZY. I can't imagine, I don't think I would move for weeks after that.

Jaime said...

Way to go Will! I am amazed that people enjoy doing that. I have to drag myself to exercise everyday. I look forward to reading about the ironman race in Hawaii!!!