Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

We had Thanksgiving at our house.  It was so fun having everyone over!  Aunt Sharon made yummy turkey, stuffing, and ham, and her homemade noodles.  Mom brought the traditional yummy rolls and pies, everyone else brought the rest...salads, potatoes, green beans and pretzel jello of course!!  It was truly a feast!  My whole family was together: Mom and Dad, Jeff and his family, John and his family, our family, Shelby and her family, Lisa and her family, and Josh and his family.  Also Aunt Sharon and Uncle Ron, and Amy and Troy and their family came. Grandpa Larson came too.  We talked, ate, played some games (a dangerous soccer game included) and laughed together.   I only wish we could have taken a picture all together!  Thanksgiving will always remind me of the cabin: food, family, fun, puzzles, games, staying up in our bunk beds, fire in the fireplace, snow, and getting snowed in so we could miss school!!  Making memories as a family is what it's all about!  I love Thankgiving time!

The beginning of the feast!!


Ashlyn and Mason stayed late.  We played the wii, Scrabble, and tried putting Camden's dinosaur together again.  

I did get a picture of Jeff and his family.  I love when they visit.  The kids go crazy over Mason and Emma.  We always love having their family around.  

One of my favorite stories about this Thanksgiving that I want to remember is about my Grandparents.  They were at the Temple during this week of Thanksgiving.  They recently celebrated their 63rd wedding anniversary.  So, because they were down in LA they chose to go to Knotts Berry Farm for Thanksgiving Lunch.  That is where they went for their very first Thanksgiving together!  They were on their honeymoon then, and apparently are still on their honeymoon now.  I love that!  They are a great example to me of what an eternal couple should be.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm glad your Thanksgiving was great! I'm getting nervous we won't see you before you leave. Call me!

Katrena said...

It was fun seeing you the other night even if it was just a quick hi. I asked your Gpa how his Thanksgiving was and he told me that story and I loved it! I want to adopt him. May I have permission when you move? I have one living Gpa, and Nick none, but mine is too sick to travel.

Cherie said...

That is such a cute story about your Grandparents! I love it :) Could I get you to e-mail me your address for a Christmas Card? ccmusick@msn.com....I'm glad to see you guys had a great Thanksgiving! Are you going to be around for Christmas or have you guys already moved?

Race Fam said...

Thanks for hosting the festivities again, it was fun. I only wish We could have stayed longer.