Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Zoo

We made it to Bakersfield!  On the way there we ran into my one of my cousins, Amy and her kids in Beever on her way to Sharonda's house!!  What are the chances of that??  

Our first adventure was the movie theater.  we all saw Monsters vs. Aliens 3D...if anyone needs 3D glasses, we have some!  $3.00 a piece just for the glasses!!  The kids really liked the movie.   We had a pretty packed agenda for the week.  We love to play with our cousins!!

My sister Lisa and I took a couple of road trips.  Here is our first:  The Zoo.

Cousins reunited!  This is after our picnic before we went into the zoo.

We started out with Blake wanting to be held.  I told him I couldn't carry him the whole time at the zoo.  Caden said, "I'll carry him!"  So here he is strong Caden with Blake.  Eventually we got a wagon.


Here is Blake ducking from the "amel"  (He kept calling it an amel)  It was a camel.  He was afraid it would spit on him!

Next were the "mingo's"  (Flamingo's)  Those were my 2 favorite animal names of the day.

This was one of the kids favorite birds.  They couldn't believe the feathers are just red, not blood.


Shark King!!


Another favorite was the Sting Rays.  They got to touch them and feed them.

Two hungry boys!!  They liked the fish with eyes!

Strong Nixon and Blake with Queen Carsyn. 

What a funny group!

Camden's new pet "Squiggles"  He really got a few people believing this was really chasing him!

Carsyn found two pets to take home.  (Tiger Blake and Tiger Nixon!!)

So, this is just the beginning..... Eventually I will be caught up with our blog and our trip to California.  We have a LOT of pictures, and had a LOT of FUN!!  Thanks Lisa!  The zoo was so much fun!!!

2 comments:

Race Fam said...

Wow you've been busy posting! I love the picture of Blake ducking, that was so funny. And Caden carrying Blake was funny too. We had a fun time with you guys!

Krissi said...

Hey Becky, I didn't have your email address so I thought I would just leave a comment. This is kind of late notice but I saw this pop up the other day. After talking to Will tonight I thought about it. It is a swim clinic for tri-swimmers. I don't know if he is interested but here is the info. You have to copy and paste the link but it should work. It was nice seeing your family tonight.

http://www.active.com/page/Event_Details.htm?event_id=1746797&assetId=5E947CE5-F70C-4D7A-910B-9EBED3CB0D80