Sunday, June 8, 2008

Catching Up in May!

Will and I went on a work trip to San Francisco. One of our highlights was riding a tandem bike across the Golden Gate Bridge! Also, we saw our good friends, the Merrills from college. We had a great time visiting. Thanks, Mom and Dad for watching our kids!

















The day after we returned from San Francisco, Will did a triathlon in town. It was one of the hottest days the triathlon had ever seen (102'). Will achieved his goal by finishing in 3 hours and 29 minutes. He wanted to get at least 3 hours and 30 minutes!!! Awesome! He also placed 3rd in his age group! When we were putting away the old wet suits (Will got a new one!!) our future triathletes ran around all afternoon with them.






















For my birthday luncheon with the Family Girls, we went to Sequoia and the cousins (that were'nt in school) had a great time playing together. We're so glad Emilee and Andy are here this summer!! We'll have more play dates to come! Thanks everyone!

















Camden's last game.... He got to be the catcher and was hitting the ball without the tee! He had a great season. He started out having to use the tee and eventually hit it from the coach almost every time!!!! Way to go Camden!! Now he hits balls over the fence into our neighbors yard every night!





















Check out that form!!
















Blake was invited to sit in the dug out at the last game. Boy was he in heaven!!! He even got to go out on the field with Camden!!! Dreams do come true! Towards the end of the game, Blake couldn't understand why he didn't get up to bat. Eventually, he kept trying to get in the batters box. We had to distract him with a churro. To top it off, at the awards party, the coach gave everyone a game ball....even Blake! He had to sleep with it under his pillow!

















The Brothers are Baseball Ready!















Blake and Nixon at their itty bitty sports game.






















Blake's head-first slide!

















The grand finale in May was our Memorial Day Gathering and our Newspaper debut! The newspaper reporters showed up as we were putting flowers on the head stones at the cemeteries. Blake and I ended up on the front page!

6 comments:

Race Fam said...

Cute update, I need some of those pictures.

Lewyville said...

Wow! you guys have been busy. That last picture got me all choked up.

Kristin said...

I've been waiting for a new post! Tanner is so sad baseball is over. I'm so glad they got to be on the same team, I'm sure they have tons of memories.

Janna said...

Hi Becky! I came upon your blog today. I'm so impressed by your husband's awesome triathlon finish. Especially because it was SOOOOOOOO HOT! We should get together sometime.
Janna Hart

Jaime said...

Becky I loved all the pictures. You boys are so cute. I love the picture of Nixon and Blake. What great friends they are going to be! We need to have Camden come over and play Hayden is so bored.

Cherie said...

Thank you so much for your post Becky! :) I'm really looking forward to this journey. Do you have any other tips for me?? Was your pregnancy with Camden and Jake a lot different than your pregnancy with Blake? Did you have any good books that you would recommend on twins? I just really don't know where to start! If you do, would you mind e-mailing me? ccmusick@msn.com Thanks so much Becky and I hope you guys had a great vacation!! I love these pictures of your boys. They are so cute!! I love that they love sports so much. :) It was so fun seeing you when I was in town. I miss you guys! Hope to talk to you again soon :)